Friday, October 19, 2012

Blond Moments From A Stunning Brunette, Chapter 1






I have a stunning brunette daughter with eyes like honey caramel.  She's intelligent, talented, and gorgeous.  But once in a while...she pops out with some seriously head-scratching stuff.  Today I bring you some of our favorite moments:

Holly on:

Food:
"Mama, can you OD on broccoli?"  

Weather:  
"If you like the rain, I don't understand your life at all."

Punctuation:
"I laugh out loud every time I type an exclamation point because I was told 'nobody is that happy.'"

Apologies:
"Sorry to everyone for my existence last night."

Safety:
"I'm walking to my car with my pink mace in hand.  Mess with me now punk."

Shopping:
"They say this city is the happiest place on earth, but I don't see a Nordstrom."

Nature:
"A bug just went into my backpack.  I panicked and just zipped it up.  Guess I won't be opening my backpack like...ever again."

Living independently:
"Couldn't figure out how to go through the car wash. #mydaddyspoilsme"

Telling Daddy her tire is flat:
"It's not that bad. Only the bottom half of the tire is flat."

I adore my girl, and the family has a lot of fun with some of her Hollyisms.  I've been saying for years "That's another one for the book, Blond Moments From A Stunning Brunette."  So, here you go.  Chapter 2 to come....

What have your teenagers said that cracks you up?





2 comments:

  1. When discussing adventure travel with my then 9 year old daughter Fiona, she said, "Next I'd like to go to Canada. They've got bacon."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!! Oh, that just made my whole day. New book, same title, eh?

      Delete